Recovery from any form of heart surgery is not a straightforward process. There are a lot of things you would need to consider at this point in time. In this regard bypass surgery happens to be the most problem-prone form of surgery. With the form of this surgery you restore the flow of blood to the heart valve. The numbers of patients who are undertaking this surgery are on the constant rise.
You need to be aware of the fact that fatigue is a normal course of action after a surgery. The situation is that within a week a patient wants to leave a hospital. This is based on the fact even if there is no medical team in order to analyse them. Even after discharge from the hospital, you need to be patient with the process of recovery. One day after the surgery you will be strong and the next day you will be frail and not in a position to wake up as well. There is nothing to be discouraged here as the body will recover on its own. The blood content will be replenished and the recovery will take its own course of action as well. You need to discuss with your doctor about the various options of recovery as well. When you are at home you can undertake the following activities
- Do not rapidly change your position. This would mean sitting to standing as well. It needs to be accompanied by dizziness if this does occur on a regular basis.
- The moment you are tried take rest
- Between activities take rest. Say for example if after an hour you need one hour of rest then it is a cause of concern. Do reduce the levels of activity the next day.
- Do not place a lot of stress on the chest if you are sitting in one position for a long period of time
- Do not go on to cross your legs as it goes on to interfere with the flow of blood
- Do make it a point that you avoid prolonged periods of activity. This might lead to undue stress.
Here the most important point of consideration would be on how to take care of you after the incision. In case if your surgeon has given an approval you can take a shower before incision. It is likely that the incision may be numb for a few days’ time. Some bruises around the region would be pretty common as well.
- Make it a point that you do use hot water only
- The incisions could be washed with warm water and soap. Here it is suggested that you do not scrub them
- The incisions should be pat dry
- No form of powder needs to be used near the area of the incisions
The top cardiologist in India does give a post-recovery plan. This would help you to get over the phase in an easy manner. There would be no risk of complications as well.